Awards and Grants:
1. KACST Applied Research Grant by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology for a research project “Intelligent Aquatic multi Robot systems,” 2014 (SR 1.0M)
2. KACST Applied Research Grant by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology for a research project “Towards Comprehensive Social Platform for Supporting the Business Process Management Life Cycle,” 2014 (SR 700K)
3. KACST Strategic Research Grant by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology for a research project “Compliance Monitoring for Unmanaged Business Processes ”, 2013. (SR 1.5M)
4. KACST Strategic Research Grant by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology for a research project “ Interactive Query Execution On Large Distributed Graphs ”, 2013. (SR 1.2M)
5. KACST Strategic Research Grant by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology for a research project “Liquid Benchmarks: A Platform for Collaborative Assessment of Computer Science Research Results”, 2013. (SR 1.3M)
6. Applied Research Grant by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology for a research project “NGN Testbed under the concept of VHE”, 2009. (SR700k)
7. Postgraduate Scholarship by the University of Bradford, July 2002.
8. Governmental Scholarship by the Ministry of High Educations, February 2003.
9. Royal Academy of Engineering International Travel Grant, 2004.
1. Cognitive radio sensing method and system, granted patent, UP patent 8971911 B2, March, 2015.
2. Method and Apparatus for Supporting Adhoc networking over UMTS Protocol, US patent 20090040985, Worldwide patent WO/2007/023271.
1. A visiting professor at Slovak Technology University, 2015
2. A supervisor for Ms Ebtisam Alomari, the first graduate of IT MSc program
3. A visiting professor at the SRH-Berlin University, 2014
4. An Editor in the International Journal of Parallel Emerged and distributed system since 2013
5. A reviewer for IEEE Transaction on Computers, 2014.
6. A coordinator of Big Data and Cloud Computing Workshops, Faculty of Computing and IT, KAU, 25-27/05/2014s
7. An ABET accreditation program head for Information Technology Program at Faculty of Computing and Information Technology at KAU
8. An Internal examiner for MSc thesis in Computer Science Dept, at KAU.
9. A book proposals reviewer for King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, 2011
10. A research proposals reviewer for King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Since 2011 up to date
11. A reviewer for THE 30TH IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS, Shanghai, China, 2011
12. A reviewer for INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS (ISCAS), Rio De Janiro, Brazil, 2010
13. A visiting professor at University of Calgary –Canada, summer of 2009
14. A reviewer for Princess Norah University’s Curriculum for Faculty of Computing and IT, 2009.
15. A research proposals reviewer for King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, 2009.
16. A Distinguished Speaker in the 2ndPACS workshop for Saudi Society for Radiography.
17. An organizer in the 3rd PACS workshop for Saudi Society for Radiology
18. A reviewer in the ACM Workshop on Performance Evaluation of Wireless Ad Hoc Sensor, and Ubiquitous Networks (PE-WASUN’2004), Venice, 10-7, 2004
19.A reviewer in Ninth IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 04), Alexandria, Egypt, 2004.
20. An invited session organizer in the 9th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics SCI 2005, Florida, USA, July 10-13, 2005.
21.A reviewer in the IEEE MELECOM ’06 conference, Malaga, Spain, 2006.
Courses and Participation:
1. Attending 2013 Entrepreneurship Summer School, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands, August 26-30, 2013.
2. Attending the 20th International Conference on Telecommunications, Casablanca, Morocco, May 6-8, 2013.
3. Attending Saudi International Electronics, Communications and Photonics Conference (SIECPC’11), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, April 2011.
4. Attending the International Workshop on Telecommunication, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 2011.
5. Attending the 2ndFokusFueco Forum on Future Seamless Communication, Berlin, Germany, 17-18/11/2011.
6. University of Koblenz Summer School participant, Germany, 26/06 to 21/07/2011.
7. Attending the IEEE workshop on RF Front-ends for Software Defined and Cognitive Radio Solution, Aveiro, Portugal, Feb 2010.
8. Attending the 1st forum for Next Generation Networks, Franhofer, Berlin, Germany, 15-16/10/2010.
9. 2009 Annual Cisco Conference, Cisco Regional Academy- Lebanon, 17, 18/04/2009.
10. Workshop on Virtual Classes System (CENTRA), King Abdulaziz University- Saudi Arabia, 05/2009.
11. Workshop on academic accreditation, King Abdulaziz University- Saudi Arabia, 9,10/11/2008.
12. Introduction to Bio-Informatics, University of Helsinki- Finland, 05/08/2008-30/08/2008.
13. Philosophy in School, Oslo College University- Norway, 20/06/2008 – 18/07/2008.