Dr. Ahmed Barnawi is an Associate Professor in Information Technology at Faculty of Computing and IT in King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia. He has held different administrative positions. Dr. Barnawi has various research interests, he is an active researcher with a good publication track. Dr. Barnawi is a licensed PADI scuba diver, he likes sports, poetry, philosophy and traveling.
2002 – 2006 School of Engineering Electronics and Telecommunications Department,
University of Bradford – UK
2000 – 2001 Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) – UK
1994 – 1999 Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, King Abdulaziz University (KAU) – Saudi Arabia
1. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Cellular and Mobile Telecommunications – University of Bradford.
2. Master of Science (MSc) in Communications Engineering – UMIST.
3. Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Electronics and Communications Engineering, GPA 4.12 out of 5 – KAU.
1. Managing director of KAU Cloud computing research group since 2012, http://www.kau-ccr.net
2. An Associate Professor, Faculty of Computing and IT, King Abdulaziz University since 20/11/2013.
3. Former Chairman of Information Technology Department, King Abdulaziz University.
4. Former chairman of Computer Science Department, King Abdulaziz University.
5. Assistant Professor, Faculty of Commuting and IT in King Abdulaziz University since 01/03/2009.
6. Executive manager for Saudi Scientific Society for IT 2009 – 2011.
7. Coordinator of Cisco Academy Programs in King Abdulaziz University since 01/03/2009.
1. Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
2. Member of Saudi Society for IT.
Date Location Position
2nd Academic term 2002 Bradford University Teaching Assistant
2nd Academic term 2003 Bradford University Teaching Assistant
Academic term 2004 Bradford University MSc Dissertation projects supervisor
Winter 2005 Pera Innovation UK Research Proposal Writer
06/2006 – 12/2006 Mobile and Satellite Com. Research Centre – Bradford University Mobile Com. Specialist (contract)